Hi Florian,

> I would like to have ftp://my.ftp/pub/people/, and in this
> people-directory all users with a public_ftp in their ~ are listed, so
> it is an easy way of serving files of users via anonymous FTP.

I don't think that it possible through proftpd directly. But, an easy way
to do that could be to have a script (called by cron at regular intervals)
that will check home dirs to find public_ftp on it, and if exists, create
a link in your ftp tree !

Or, another idee :

- Create a link a all existing users (even if the link is invalid) to
their ~/public_ftp in your ftp tree
- Modify your adduser script to add this link when a user is added

> Florian

Hope this helps

Alex