Hi TJ,

> You can have a configuration such as this:
>
> DefaultRoot ~/public_ftp
>
> or:
>
> DefaultChdir ~/public_ftp

that would mean if user xyz logs on, he automatically would have
/home/xyz/public_ftp as is root directory. That's not what I want. :-)

I would like to have ftp://my.ftp/pub/people/, and in this
people-directory all users with a public_ftp in their ~ are listed, so
it is an easy way of serving files of users via anonymous FTP.

It's similar to Apache. When a user creates public_html and puts stuff
in it, it is accessible via www.my.web/~user/.

Florian