Hi Lawrence,

Try using "AnonRequirePassword off" to your vhost config to indicate you
don't want a password for anonynous users...

If not, and if your ftp user as a password, it'll require this password
when logging in.

Regards,

Alex

On Mar 29 ao=FBt 2006 12:31, Lawrence Horvath a =E9crit :
> It seems that my anon config still wants a password for some reason
>
> $ proftpd -v
> - ProFTPD Version 1.3.0rc5
>
> when i telnet to it on port 21 i get this:
>
> 220 ProFTPD 1.3.0rc5 Server ready.
> user anonymous
> 331 Password required for anonymous.
> pass user@domain.tld
> 530 Login incorrect
>
> here is my currenct config
>

> ServerType standalone
>

> PassivePorts 50000 60000
>

> ServerName "Proftp FTP Server"
> ServerLog /var/log/proftpd
> DeferWelcome on
> PassivePorts 50000 50099
>

> MaxClients 10
> MaxLoginAttempts 1
>

> DenyAll
>

> ServerName "Old School FTP fo"
> ServerLog /var/ftp/sites/oldschoolfo.com/logs/log
> DeferWelcome on
> PassivePorts 50100 50199
>
> User ftp
> Group ftp
> UserAlias Anonymous ftp
>
> MaxClients 10
> MaxLoginAttempts 1
>

> DenyAll
>

> DenyAll
>

> Thanks
> --
> -Lawrence

> easier
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=...=3D263057&dat=

=3D121642

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
er
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=...63057&dat=3D1=
21642