On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Bikerepairman - wrote:

>>> Can anyone tell me what I do wrong in my config?
>>> a snip from my config is seen below. At the moment, all virtual hosts have
>>> the same setup (except for the default server directive)
>>> starting the service gives no errors.

>> Do you have the same in all configurations?
>> If not, do any of the names resolve to the same IP address? You can only
>> have one virtual FTP server listening on the same socket. FTP unlike HTTP
>> does not contain a host header which it can pass off to the server to
>> inform it which virtualhost it is trying to access.

> The is not the same in all configs.
> All domains resolve to the same IP adress; (All domains are hosted
> 'in-house' on one server) local network and from the internet.
> How do I let the servers listen to different sockets then?

If all of the domains are hosted on 1 IP address, is it safe to say that
there is a Unix account for each website? If so, you only need 1 ftp
server configuration, which does not even require a virtual host.
Everyone logs in to the same ftp server and their access is determined by
their account name.

Does that make sense in your environment?

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?