--===============1267848507==

--=====================_311141609==.ALT

At 01:42 AM 8/27/2006, Bikerepairman - wrote:
> > > Can anyone tell me what I do wrong in my config?
> > > a snip from my config is seen below. At the moment, all virtual

> hosts have
> > > the same setup (except for the default server directive)
> > > starting the service gives no errors.

> > Do you have the same in all configurations?
> > If not, do any of the names resolve to the same IP address? You can only
> > have one virtual FTP server listening on the same socket. FTP unlike HTTP
> > does not contain a host header which it can pass off to the server to
> > inform it which virtualhost it is trying to access.

>The is not the same in all configs.

>All domains resolve to the same IP adress; (All domains are hosted
>'in-house' on one server) local network and from the internet.
>
>How do I let the servers listen to different sockets then?

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directiv...full.html#PORT
I believe you want to use the "Port" directive, as in
Port 8021
It says you can use it in individual sections, though I haven't
done that yet.

But be aware that until you have acquired those other separate IP addresses
that you will be asking for a more work from your users. To use the separate
port from the command line they'll have to do:
ftp domain8.tld 8021
To use with a web browser they'll have to do
ftp://domain8.tld:8021/
That is, they'll have to do 'extra', which they won't get right the
first N times...

--=====================_311141609==.ALT

At 01:42 AM 8/27/2006, Bikerepairman - wrote:

> > Can anyone tell me
what I do wrong in my config?

> > a snip from my config is seen below. At the moment, all virtual
hosts have

> > the same setup (except for the default server directive)

> > starting the service gives no errors.

> Do you have the same <VirtualHost servername> in all
configurations?

> If not, do any of the names resolve to the same IP address?
You can only

> have one virtual FTP server listening on the same socket.  FTP
unlike HTTP

> does not contain a host header which it can pass off to the server

> inform it which virtualhost it is trying to access.

The <VirtualHost servername> is not the same in all configs.

   <VirtualHost domain1.tld>

   <VirtualHost domain2.tld>

   <VirtualHost domain8.tld>

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directives/configuration_full.html#PORT

I believe you want to use the "Port" directive, as in

      Port  8021

It says you can use it in individual <VirtualHost> sections, though