> Can anyone tell me what I do wrong in my config?
> a snip from my config is seen below. At the moment, all virtual hosts have
> the same setup (except for the default server directive)
> starting the service gives no errors.

Do you have the same in all configurations?
If not, do any of the names resolve to the same IP address? You can only
have one virtual FTP server listening on the same socket. FTP unlike HTTP
does not contain a host header which it can pass off to the server to
inform it which virtualhost it is trying to access.

HTH,
Barry