--===============1756115250==

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6C2F7.5304EC20

Hi all:

I have a 275 gb network drive to serve for user data, connected at IP =
192.168.0.77, mounted at /var/public on a Linux box running LE2005. =
There are user directories I'm trying to configure ProFTPd to work with, =
each with the form of /var/public/www/$USER

I already have Apache configured to serve each directory of =
/var/public/www/$USER as a home page.

Two questions (maybe one). =20

1) I'd like all users who log in with their username and password to be =
chroot'd by ProFTPd into their own /var/public/www/$USER directory.

2) Failed or anonymous logins go to /var/public/anon, with =
/var/public/anon/pub for indiscriminate downloading (no write access), =
and /var/public/anon/incoming for indiscriminate uploads.

Is this possible? The closest I've come so far is everyone is chroot'd =
into /var/public/www, with read and write access to all below that point.

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6C2F7.5304EC20

59-1">

Hi all:

I have a 275 gb network drive t=
o serve for=20
user data, connected at IP 192.168.0.77, mounted at /var/public on a L=
inux box=20
running LE2005.  There are user directories I'm trying to configu=
re ProFTPd=20
to work with, each with the form of /var/public/www/$USER
=

I already have Apache configured to serve each=
directory=20
of /var/public/www/$USER as a home page.

Two questions (maybe one). =20

1)  I'd like all users who log in w=
ith their=20
username and password to be chroot'd by ProFTPd into their o=
wn=20
/var/public/www/$USER directory.

2)  Failed or anonymous logins go t=
o=20
/var/public/anon, with /var/public/anon/pub for indiscriminate downloa=
ding (no=20
write access), and /var/public/anon/incoming for indiscriminate=20
uploads.

Is this possible?  The closest I've=
come so far=20
is everyone is chroot'd into /var/public/www, with read and write acce=
ss to all=20
below that point.

border-top : 2px solid silver; border-left : 2px solid silver;
border-right : 2px solid black; border-bottom : 2px solid
black;">

background-color:#eaeaea">
[ SECURITY NOTICE ]
padding:5px">
To: proftp-user@lists.sourceforge.net.

For your security, cchamb2@qwest.net

digitally signed this message on 19 August 2006 at 01:51:31 UTC. />
Verify this digital signature at href=3D"http://www.ciphire.com/verify">
http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
background-color:#eaeaea">
[ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]