Hello,
We use proftp for our anonymous ftp server and very happy with the
SW.
Now comes the following questions from the users:

1. Can I send password encrypted over the network with all ftp
clients
from OS Windows, Linux, HP Unix, etc.?

2. Can I transfer data also in encrypted mode over the net with
different
ftp clients?

To send password in encrypted mode I must compile proftp with
mode_tls
.Some users requires to transfer username/password + data
in encrypted mode. As system manager I would like to know what I
have
to do on the server machine and what the user has to do on the
client
machine.(which ftp client he has to use)

Have a nice week end.

With regards,
Kumar

Padiyath Sreekumar | Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut | email: kumar.padiyath@psi.ch
AIT | Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132 | Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI |