On Lun 14 ao=FBt 2006 16:55, Thomas Knutson a =E9crit :
> I am having issues with proftpd, listed below is my compile info. After I
> get my config file in place (or if I use the default, or any config file)
> and try to start proftpd I get this error "Bus Error (core dumped)"! I do
> not get any logs, or diagnostic info. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction as to what I am doing wrong, or where I should look? I am
> running
> this on a Sparc V100 Server with Solaris 10, MySQL 5.0.22 (32 Bit), and
> the
> sunfreeware openssl package.

Hi,

Not sure that's what you wanted to know, but maybe it could help debugging :

----- Quote from [1] -----
Bus Error
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

A process has received a signal indicating that it attempted to
perform I/O to a device that is restricted or that does not
exist. This message is usually accompanied by a core dump, except
on read-only filesystems.

Use a debugger to examine the core file and determine what
program fault or system problem led to the bus error. If
possible, check the program's output files for data corruption
that might have occurred before the bus error.

Bus errors can result from either programming error or device
corruption on your system. Some common causes of bus errors are:
invalid file descriptors, unreasonable I/O requests, bad memory
allocation, misaligned data structures, compiler bugs, and
corrupt boot blocks.
----- End quote -----

If you compiled this yourself, try using a different version of gcc, or
use gdb to analyse the core !

Hope this helps,

Alex

[1] http://www.adminschoice.com/docs/sol...cd.htm#errno24

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
er
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=...63057&dat=3D1=
21642