> It's in multiple places including the kernel. All of the user
> Your interactive command may work depending on where in the group list

I don't believie it's the case, although the way you put it it would be
extremely difficult to prove it one way or the other.

'groups' tool shows all the right groups, and I haven't noticed other
problems beside proftp, do you know how/where to seek/raise this limit in
proftpd?

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294 05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9