On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 03:47:01PM +0200, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:
> > It depends on your distribution. In RHEL3, the maximum is 32 groups. In
> > RHEL4, the maximum is 64K groups. I believe that all distributions
> > based on 2.4 or earlier are limited to 32 groups.

> > The 32 group maximum has been around for a long time and is not easily
> > changed.

> Where exactly does this limit sit?

It's in multiple places including the kernel. All of the user
creation/modification tools also needed updating. You might get more
info on the specifics by search bugzilla.redhat.com.

Your interactive command may work depending on where in the group list
the specific group is. Did you teach each group? Try the first as well
as the last.

Cheers,
.../Ed

--