> It depends on your distribution. In RHEL3, the maximum is 32 groups. In
> RHEL4, the maximum is 64K groups. I believe that all distributions
> based on 2.4 or earlier are limited to 32 groups.

The system itself seems to work fine with large number of groups - for
example, when I "sudo -u tst touch file" in directory in question, it works
OK, however, the same thing with proftpd fails ( unless I shave those other
groups ).

> The 32 groiup maximum has been around for a long time and is not easily
> changed.

Where exactly does this limit sit?

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294 05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9