Hi

I am no ProFtp expert but I set it up this way (4 x the defaults)

In the Main config

MaxClients 200
MaxInstances 400

and in the virtual

MaxClients 100

my second virtual has

MaxClients 50

It has now been running for about 24 hrs with no problems.

However I am not yet convinced of its long term=20
stability, so I am continuing to monitor it

Regards
Steve

:
> [...]

>>dispatching auth request "auth" to module mod_radius
>>May 20 13:43:34 SERVERNAME proftpd[24029]: SERVERNAME (USER@PROVIDER) -
>>dispatching auth request "auth" to module mod_tls
>>May 20 13:43:34 SERVERNAME proftpd[24029]: SERVERNAME (USER@PROVIDER) -
>>dispatching auth request "auth" to module mod_auth_pam
>>May 20 13:43:34 SERVERNAME proftpd[24029]: SERVERNAME (USER@PROVIDER) -

>ROOT
>>PRIVS at ../../../modules/mod_auth_pam.c:258
>>May 20 13:43:34 SERVERNAME proftpd[24029]: SERVERNAME (USER@PROVIDER) -
>>ProFTPD terminating (signal 11)
>>May 20 13:43:34 SERVERNAME proftpd[24029]: SERVERNAME (USER@PROVIDER) - FT=

>>session closed.

>--
>Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
>character, give him power.
>-Abraham Lincoln, U.S. president (1809-1865)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you=20