TJ Saunders wrote:
>>(It was even simpler: the home dir path had an unnoticeable error in it.)

> Mind if I ask what the error was? Is it something that mod_sql could
> check for, to provide better error reporting/logging?

Sure, here is the home dir as created by the syscp control panel (www.syscp.org):

/someroot/users/myuser

and here is the actual path on the file system:

/someroot/users/de/myuser

(I slightly change the original paths).

So I guess a message like this would have let me find the error immediately:

myuser chroot("/someroot/users/myuser/"): No such file or directory

Thanks again for your great support!
Yassen