--kA1LkgxZ0NN7Mz3A

I've ran into a similar problem after upgrading to 1.2.10-11, though
instead of apt-get removing it, i was able to just killall -9 proftpd and
then restart it. It would then be fine for an hour or so, then crash.

I didn't have time to debug it to figure out wtf was up, so i just
downgraded back to 1.2.10-10 and pin'd the packages. So if you find out
what is going on please share.

-Rocky

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 03:00:00PM +0200, Eduardo Fern?ndez wrote:
> I've been happily running proftpd for a couple of years, but I'm
> seeing very weird problems last days (without changing anything). When
> I start the daemon everything works smoothly for some hours, and then
> I only get "421 Service not available, remote server has closed
> connection" when I try to log in. The only workaround is to remove the
> binary (apt-get remove proftpd in debian) and install it again.
>=20
> Any hints?
>=20
> Thanks a lot!