On 03.05 08:23, TJ Saunders wrote:
> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
> From: TJ Saunders
> To: ProFTPD users list
> Subject: Re: [Proftpd-user] new UserID directive?

aha. sourceforge temporarily in spamcop...

> > when I fixed buggy recolv.conf, the problem disappeared. However I still
> > consider this as a problem (proftpd may complain, but should not crash)m so
> > I'm attaching the config, with some data replaced by string .

> Thanks. Do you happen to see this behavior using 1.3.0rc1 as well? I'm
> trying to reproduce this locally (using the current CVS sources), but not
> having much luck...

reproduced:

w03# ./proftpd
- notice: unable to listen to local socket: No such file or directory
- getaddrinfo 'w03' error: No address associated with hostname
- warning: unable to determine IP address of 'w03'
- getaddrinfo 'w03' error: No address associated with hostname
- warning: unable to determine IP address of 'w03'
- getaddrinfo 'w03' error: No address associated with hostname
- warning: unable to determine IP address of 'w03'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
w03# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 195.168.1.2
w03# ./proftpd -v
- ProFTPD Version 1.3.0rc1

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.