AT Commands for Dialup Connection - PPP

This is a discussion on AT Commands for Dialup Connection - PPP ; Hi, i hope i don't repeat a question already done. I have to make a Internet Connection with modem Siemens M20T (Gsm/Gprs modem), and i have to use AT Commands. How can i do? the command ATD*99# is of course ...

  1. AT Commands for Dialup Connection

    Hi,
    i hope i don't repeat a question already done.

    I have to make a Internet Connection with modem Siemens M20T (Gsm/Gprs
    modem), and i have to use AT Commands.

    How can i do?
    the command ATD*99# is of course not sufficient.

    I hope somebody can help me.

    Regards,
    Lewix

  2. Re: AT Commands for Dialup Connection

    lewixlabs@gmail.com schrieb:
    > Hi,
    > i hope i don't repeat a question already done.
    >
    > I have to make a Internet Connection with modem Siemens M20T (Gsm/Gprs
    > modem), and i have to use AT Commands.
    >
    > How can i do?
    > the command ATD*99# is of course not sufficient.
    >
    > I hope somebody can help me.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Lewix

    I don't know the M20T but i try following sequence:

    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN"
    ATD*99***1#

    Replace APN through the name of the APN of your provider.

    Example:
    at+cgdcont=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de"
    OK
    atd*99***1#
    CONNECT
    ~}#!}!}"} }=}!}$}&@}#}%#}%}&]Y}"}&}

    Maybe there is more to do:
    AT+CGATT=1 attach to GPRS network (normally includes in atd*99#)
    AT+CGATT? should return +CGATT: 1
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN" context definition (explained above)
    AT+CGACT=1 PDP context activation
    AT+CGDATA="PPP",1 enter data mode

    Regards
    --
    Andreas Hezel
    Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: AndreasHezel@gmx.de

  3. Re: AT Commands for Dialup Connection

    On 5 Mar, 15:34, Andreas Hezel wrote:
    > lewixl...@gmail.com schrieb:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > i hope i don't repeat a question already done.

    > > I have to make a Internet Connection with modem Siemens M20T (Gsm/Gprs
    > > modem), and i have to use AT Commands.

    > > How can i do?
    > > the command ATD*99# is of course not sufficient.

    > > I hope somebody can help me.

    > > Regards,
    > > Lewix

    > I don't know the M20T but i try following sequence:
    >
    > AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN"
    > ATD*99***1#
    >
    > Replace APN through the name of the APN of your provider.
    >
    > Example:
    > at+cgdcont=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de"
    > OK
    > atd*99***1#
    > CONNECT
    > ~ÿ}#À!}!}"} }=}!}$}&@}#}%Â#€}%}&¡ò]Y}"}&}
    >
    > Maybe there is more to do:
    > AT+CGATT=1 attach to GPRS network (normally includes in atd*99#)
    > AT+CGATT? should return +CGATT: 1
    > AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN" context definition (explained above)
    > AT+CGACT=1 PDP context activation
    > AT+CGDATA="PPP",1 enter data mode
    >
    > Regards
    > --
    > Andreas Hezel
    > __________________________________________________ ________
    > ************************************************** ********
    > Andreas Hezel ---> Mail: AndreasHe...@gmx.de

    Hello!
    Thanks for your answer.
    Ok this evening i try your code!
    With your code i will able to connect my pc to internet? My goal is
    this.

    Thanks
    Lewix

+ Reply to Thread