PPP stack via RS232 - PPP

This is a discussion on PPP stack via RS232 - PPP ; Hi everybody, I'm searching for a small free PPP stack (RS232 communication) to implement it on a embedded apllication. The embedded PC already has RS232 routines. The goal of the application is to upload a binary file using a GPRS ...

  1. PPP stack via RS232

    Hi everybody,
    I'm searching for a small free PPP stack (RS232 communication) to
    implement it on a embedded apllication.
    The embedded PC already has RS232 routines. The goal of the
    application is to upload a binary file using a GPRS modem (a sony
    ericsson T630 mobile phone) on a FTP server.
    I can send AT commands via RS232 and so log on my ISP. I receive PPP
    frames for PAP authentification but I can't do it.

    Does anyone can help me ?

    Thanks sincerely

  2. Re: PPP stack via RS232

    michel.pietrowski@actia.fr writes:
    > I'm searching for a small free PPP stack (RS232 communication) to
    > implement it on a embedded apllication.
    > The embedded PC already has RS232 routines. The goal of the
    > application is to upload a binary file using a GPRS modem (a sony
    > ericsson T630 mobile phone) on a FTP server.
    > I can send AT commands via RS232 and so log on my ISP. I receive PPP
    > frames for PAP authentification but I can't do it.

    Your best bet (by far) is to take the existing ppp-2.4 code and pare
    it down to your needs. Don't tell us we didn't warn you when you do
    something else and end up wasting a lot of your time. ;-}

    If you want it, though, there's an extremely minimal implementation of
    LCP, IPCP, and AHDLC here, and you're free to do what you want with
    it:

    ftp://ftp.workingcode.com/pub/carlso...ppp-2.0.tar.gz

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking

  3. Re: PPP stack via RS232

    On 1 mar, 15:30, James Carlson wrote:
    > michel.pietrow...@actia.fr writes:
    > > I'm searching for a small free PPP stack (RS232 communication) to
    > > implement it on a embedded apllication.
    > > The embedded PC already has RS232 routines. The goal of the
    > > application is to upload a binary file using a GPRS modem (a sony
    > > ericsson T630 mobile phone) on a FTP server.
    > > I can send AT commands via RS232 and so log on my ISP. I receive PPP
    > > frames for PAP authentification but I can't do it.

    > Your best bet (by far) is to take the existing ppp-2.4 code and pare
    > it down to your needs. Don't tell us we didn't warn you when you do
    > something else and end up wasting a lot of your time. ;-}
    >
    > If you want it, though, there's an extremely minimal implementation of
    > LCP, IPCP, and AHDLC here, and you're free to do what you want with
    > it:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.workingcode.com/pub/carlso...ppp-2.0.tar.gz
    >
    > --
    > James Carlson, Solaris Networking
    > Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive 71.232W Vox +1 781 442 2084
    > MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757 42.496N Fax +1 781 442 1677

    Thanks sincerely, I will try that.

+ Reply to Thread