Motorola c350 won't connect any more - PPP

This is a discussion on Motorola c350 won't connect any more - PPP ; Hi, and happy holidays. After having properly configured ppp (see: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=5016 ), my Motorola c350 used to work perfectly as a modem: the connection was rather slow, but it never failed. Now, suddenly, it does not work, I can't explain ...

  1. Motorola c350 won't connect any more

    Hi, and happy holidays.

    After having properly configured ppp (see:

    http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=5016

    ), my Motorola c350 used to work perfectly as a modem: the connection was
    rather slow, but it never failed.
    Now, suddenly, it does not work, I can't explain why. I'm reporting the ppp
    output: can anyone provide a help?

    Thanks in advance,
    Rodolfo

    $ pon motorola
    abort on (BUSY)
    abort on (NO CARRIER)
    abort on (VOICE)
    abort on (NO DIALTONE)
    abort on (NO DIAL TONE)
    abort on (NO ANSWER)
    abort on (DELAYED)
    send (ATZ^M)
    expect (OK)
    ATZ^M^M
    OK
    -- got it

    send (AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ibox.tim.it"^M)
    expect (OK)
    ^M
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ibox.tim.it"^M^M
    OK
    -- got it

    send (AT+CGQREQ=1,2,4,3,6,31^M)
    expect (OK)
    ^M
    AT+CGQREQ=1,2,4,3,6,31^M^M
    OK
    -- got it

    send (AT+CGQMIN=1,2,4,3,6,31^M)
    expect (OK)
    ^M
    AT+CGQMIN=1,2,4,3,6,31^M^M
    OK
    -- got it

    send (AT+CGATT=1^M)
    expect (OK)
    ^M
    AT+CGATT=1^M^M
    OK
    -- got it

    send (ATD*99#^M)
    expect (CONNECT)
    ^M
    ATD*99#^M^M
    CONNECT
    -- got it

    send (^M)
    Serial connection established.
    using channel 2
    Using interface ppp0
    Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyACM0
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    No auth is possible
    sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 ]
    sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 ]
    sent [LCP EchoReq id=0x0 magic=0x92b74c3f]
    sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP EchoRep id=0x0 magic=0x55769]
    rcvd [LCP ProtRej id=0x1 80 fd 01 01 00 0f 1a 04 78 00 18 04 78 00 15 03 2f]
    Protocol-Reject for 'Compression Control Protocol' (0x80fd) received
    rcvd [IPCP ConfRej id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 ]
    rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x3 05 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 00 00]
    LCP terminated by peer (^E^@^@^J^@^@^@^@^@^@)
    sent [LCP TermAck id=0x3]
    Modem hangup
    Connection terminated.

  2. Re: Motorola c350 won't connect any more

    Rodolfo Medina wrote:
    > Hi, and happy holidays.

    > After having properly configured ppp (see:

    > http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=5016

    > ), my Motorola c350 used to work perfectly as a modem: the connection was
    > rather slow, but it never failed.
    > Now, suddenly, it does not work, I can't explain why. I'm reporting the ppp
    > output: can anyone provide a help?

    As a modem it still works. The author of 5016 neglected to mention PPP
    level authentication.

    ]
    > No auth is possible
    > sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 ]

    Authentication at this level might be a formality for some cells, but
    it needs to be observed here. A /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file with

    "" * ""

    in it and `` user "" '' added to the pppd options might work. If it
    doesn't then the cell-service provider may be able to tell you what's
    needed. Typically the first field in pap-secrets will be your account
    name, the '*' is a '*', and the third field is your account password.
    And the pppd options must include `` user ''.
    Or perhaps using an ISP-specific variant of "account name" which must
    also be used in the first field.

    --
    Clifford Kite
    /* Microsoft is a great marketing organization.

  3. Re: Motorola c350 won't connect any more

    Clifford Kite writes:

    > A /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file with
    >
    > "" * ""
    >
    > in it and `` user "" '' added to the pppd options might work.

    I tried your suggestions, but nothing. And then there's to explain why, with
    the same settings, it used to work but doesn't now.

    Thanks,
    Rodolfo

  4. Re: Motorola c350 won't connect any more

    Rodolfo Medina wrote:

    > Clifford Kite writes:

    >> A /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file with
    >>
    >> "" * ""
    >>
    >> in it and `` user "" '' added to the pppd options might work.

    > I tried your suggestions, but nothing. And then there's to explain
    > why, with the same settings, it used to work but doesn't now.

    That sounds like it was working for some period of time and then began
    failing, with no change of any sort on your end. If so then I certainly
    can't help. But good luck.

    --
    Clifford Kite

+ Reply to Thread