HDLC help - PPP

This is a discussion on HDLC help - PPP ; i want to implement decoding of HDLC frames in C.Can anyone provide me the full structure of HDLC Frame.I myself implemented it in C.But in output i am getting message along with garbage.For example if i have Decoded "i eat ...

  1. HDLC help

    i want to implement decoding of HDLC frames in C.Can anyone provide me
    the full structure of HDLC Frame.I myself implemented it in C.But in
    output i am getting message along with garbage.For example if i have
    Decoded "i eat apple",i m getting the message "&i e#t !ppl#".How can i
    resolve this garbage problem.i m getting so much noise in my original
    message.Can anybody help with the pseudocode.I want to know how i can
    discard the eroorneous Frames.

  2. Re: HDLC help

    "faisal" writes:
    > i want to implement decoding of HDLC frames in C.Can anyone provide me
    > the full structure of HDLC Frame.I myself implemented it in C.But in
    > output i am getting message along with garbage.For example if i have
    > Decoded "i eat apple",i m getting the message "&i e#t !ppl#".How can i
    > resolve this garbage problem.i m getting so much noise in my original
    > message.Can anybody help with the pseudocode.I want to know how i can
    > discard the eroorneous Frames.

    What sort of HDLC frames? Are you talking about PPP's HDLC-like
    framing (this is comp.protocols.ppp, after all), or about something
    else? On async or synchronous lines?

    I have some rudimentary AHDLC and LAP-B code here:

    http://www.workingcode.com/ppp/carlson-ppp-2.0.tar.gz

    .... but unless you can be more clear about what you need (and on what
    operating system), this may not help much.

    --
    James Carlson 42.703N 71.076W

+ Reply to Thread