IPCP No answer to ConfReq - PPP

This is a discussion on IPCP No answer to ConfReq - PPP ; Hi, Using Fedora Cora 5, with Option N.V. Globetrotter Fusion Quad Lite. I'm trying to connect using KDE kppp with options novj, noccp, receive-all, local, ipcp-accept-remote, ipcp-accept-local and usepeerdns Observe log file below. What I am missing? Please provide tips ...

  1. IPCP No answer to ConfReq

    Hi,

    Using Fedora Cora 5, with Option N.V. Globetrotter Fusion Quad Lite.
    I'm trying to connect using KDE kppp with options novj, noccp,
    receive-all, local, ipcp-accept-remote, ipcp-accept-local and
    usepeerdns

    Observe log file below.
    What I am missing? Please provide tips or (better) a solution.

    Kind regards,
    Shured

    Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyUSB0
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1
    ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x23 0x832d4b9> ]
    sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x23 0x832d4b9> ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1
    ]
    rcvd [LCP DiscReq id=0x24 magic=0x832d4b9]
    rcvd [CHAP Challenge id=0x1 , name =
    "UMTS_CHAP_SRVR"]
    sent [CHAP Response id=0x1 , name =
    "my_name"]
    rcvd [CHAP Success id=0x1 ""]
    CHAP authentication succeeded
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1
    ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2
    ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x2 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3
    ]
    Terminating on signal 15
    sent [LCP TermReq id=0x2 "User request"]
    sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "User request"]
    Connection terminated.
    Modem hangup

  2. Re: IPCP No answer to ConfReq

    "shured" writes:

    >Hi,

    >Using Fedora Cora 5, with Option N.V. Globetrotter Fusion Quad Lite.
    >I'm trying to connect using KDE kppp with options novj, noccp,
    >receive-all, local, ipcp-accept-remote, ipcp-accept-local and
    >usepeerdns

    >Observe log file below.
    >What I am missing? Please provide tips or (better) a solution.

    You are missing a competent ISP with non-broken software.

    Try not asking for msdns.
    The far side is completely confused by the address negotiations.
    Try not sending an IP address. (noipdefault option in /etc/ppp/options)

+ Reply to Thread