pap request timeout logic - PPP

This is a discussion on pap request timeout logic - PPP ; Hello What is the logic for servicing pap request timeouts ? A ppp server that I manage panics once in a while when a windows based client trys to connect during busy hours. Built a cscope database for understanding the ...

  1. pap request timeout logic

    Hello

    What is the logic for servicing pap request timeouts ?

    A ppp server that I manage panics once in a while when
    a windows based client trys to connect during busy hours.

    Built a cscope database for understanding the code better,
    but no function seems to call the function upap_reqtimeout().
    Then how does it get called ?

    Thanks for any help.

    oo@@oo

  2. Re: pap request timeout logic

    "oo@@oo" writes:
    > What is the logic for servicing pap request timeouts ?
    >
    > A ppp server that I manage panics once in a while when
    > a windows based client trys to connect during busy hours.
    >
    > Built a cscope database for understanding the code better,
    > but no function seems to call the function upap_reqtimeout().

    At this point, I assume that you're talking about pppd. Could you
    share some details? Which version of pppd? What operating system are
    you using? What does "panic" mean in this context (is the kernel
    actually panicking, or are you just getting a user-space core dump)?

    Do you have any configuration files, log files, or other details to
    share?

    > Then how does it get called ?

    Did you look at the TIMEOUT() macro? That invokes the timeout()
    function in main.c. This creates a callout structure that records the
    timeout event in a sorted list. Then, the main loop uses timeleft()
    to find out how much time remains until the next event (so that it can
    tune the event loop), and then calls calltimeout(). This is what
    actually calls the pap_reqtimeout() function, via a function pointer.

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network