newbie question, monitoring PPP or PPPoA frames - PPP

This is a discussion on newbie question, monitoring PPP or PPPoA frames - PPP ; If I get a plain PCI DSL Modem, so it shouldn't have any PPP client built in there. Then my comp would be generating the PPP frames, (or PPPoA frames) right? How would I monitor them? in windows? in linux? ...

  1. newbie question, monitoring PPP or PPPoA frames

    If I get a plain PCI DSL Modem, so it shouldn't have any PPP client
    built in there. Then my comp would be generating the PPP frames, (or
    PPPoA frames) right?

    How would I monitor them? in windows? in linux?

    Thanks

  2. Re: newbie question, monitoring PPP or PPPoA frames

    jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > If I get a plain PCI DSL Modem, so it shouldn't have any PPP client
    > built in there. Then my comp would be generating the PPP frames, (or
    > PPPoA frames) right?
    >
    > How would I monitor them? in windows? in linux?
    >
    > Thanks

    I will try klos, but I really want a free one. I'm just want to monitor
    PPP / PPPoA for learning purposes.

    Regarding windows
    I can't find MS's netmon for windows xp.
    I find a netmon download but it's not MS, and doesn't sniff PPP.

+ Reply to Thread