Radius plugin failover - working? - PPP

This is a discussion on Radius plugin failover - working? - PPP ; Hello, Using ppp 2.4.3 with the radius plugin I have configured the radiusclient.conf options authserver/acctserver with multiple radius servers. The first entry of each is the localhost. However, if I stop the radius server on the local host, I can ...

  1. Radius plugin failover - working?

    Hello,

    Using ppp 2.4.3 with the radius plugin I have configured the
    radiusclient.conf options authserver/acctserver with multiple radius
    servers. The first entry of each is the localhost.

    However, if I stop the radius server on the local host, I can see radius
    request/accept packets going to/from the next server but for some reason
    the client always fails authentication. The client is Windows XP, and it
    receives a 691 error (username/password error). However, the radius server
    log shows that it is sending an 'accept' reply packet. So I am confused,
    but it seems that the localhost radiusclient is doing something odd and
    not sending on the accept reply or changing it (??) to a reject.

    Does anyone have any ideas about this or suggestions as to how I may debug
    it a bit more to see what is going on?

    Thanks,

    John.

  2. Re: Radius plugin failover - working?

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:18:24 +0000, John Horne wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Using ppp 2.4.3 with the radius plugin I have configured the
    > radiusclient.conf options authserver/acctserver with multiple radius
    > servers. The first entry of each is the localhost.

    I should have added that the radius servers are all Fedora Core 3, running
    freeradius 1.0.1.

    John.

  3. Re: Radius plugin failover - working?

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:18:24 +0000, John Horne wrote:

    > Using ppp 2.4.3 with the radius plugin I have configured the
    > radiusclient.conf options authserver/acctserver with multiple radius
    > servers. The first entry of each is the localhost.

    Hello,

    You can ignore this. I was misunderstanding the radiusclient/servers file
    'key' entry. I have now corrected it and failover works fine.

    Sorry for the hassle.

    John.

+ Reply to Thread