compile error for ppp-2.4.2 with radius support - PPP

This is a discussion on compile error for ppp-2.4.2 with radius support - PPP ; Hi, I've googled around but couldn't find any definitive solution to my problem. I tried to compile ppp-2.4.2 with Radius support enabled in FC3 and I get the following error. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. make[3]: Entering ...

  1. compile error for ppp-2.4.2 with radius support

    Hi,

    I've googled around but couldn't find any definitive solution to my problem.

    I tried to compile ppp-2.4.2 with Radius support enabled in FC3 and I
    get the following error. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

    make[3]: Entering directory
    `/root/ppp-2.4.2/pppd/plugins/radius/radiusclient'
    cd . && autoheader
    autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
    `config.h.bot'
    autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
    `config.h.in'
    autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
    autoheader:
    autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
    autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template
    without
    autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
    autoheader:
    autoheader: WARNING: AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
    autoheader: [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
    autoheader:
    autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
    see the
    autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
    aclocal.m4:49: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
    autoconf/oldnames.m4:113: AM_PROG_INSTALL is expanded from...
    aclocal.m4:49: the top level
    autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
    autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
    make[3]: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory
    `/root/ppp-2.4.2/pppd/plugins/radius/radiusclient'
    make[2]: *** [radiusclient/lib/.libs/libradiusclient.a] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ppp-2.4.2/pppd/plugins/radius'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ppp-2.4.2/pppd/plugins'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

  2. Re: compile error for ppp-2.4.2 with radius support

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:39:26 -0400, Johny Franslay
    wrote:

    > I've googled around but couldn't find any definitive solution to my problem.
    >
    > I tried to compile ppp-2.4.2 with Radius support enabled in FC3 and I
    > get the following error. Any help will be appreciated.

    > make[3]: Entering directory
    > `/root/ppp-2.4.2/pppd/plugins/radius/radiusclient'
    > cd . && autoheader

    (etc., etc.)

    This isn't, strictly speaking, a compile error, but an autoconf error (which
    shouldn't happen anyway because you normally don't rebuild the various .in
    files). In this case, you're running a version of autoconf which is too new
    to cope with the old sources in 2.4.2.

    I suggest that you get version 2.4.3 from www.samba.org/ppp. The
    radiusclient directory is now gone and it should compile without incident.

  3. Re: compile error for ppp-2.4.2 with radius support

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:58:35 +0000, R.L. Horn wrote:

    > I suggest that you get version 2.4.3 from www.samba.org/ppp. The
    > radiusclient directory is now gone and it should compile without
    > incident.

    Hello,

    A bit late with this I admit, but what did you mean 'radiusclient
    directory is now gone'? I'm running ppp 2.4.3 on a server with the radius
    plugin, and radiusclient is still present.

    John.

  4. Re: compile error for ppp-2.4.2 with radius support

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:09:59 GMT, John Horne
    wrote:

    > A bit late with this I admit, but what did you mean 'radiusclient
    > directory is now gone'?

    2.4.3 no longer uses the entire radiusclient package (pppd/plugins/radius/
    radiusclient), just the library bits (I _think_ it was the utility programs
    that were causing build problems). Sources are now all in pppd/plugins/
    radius.

+ Reply to Thread