Re: GPRS / pppd - PPP

This is a discussion on Re: GPRS / pppd - PPP ; "132.a.dabei" wrote: > Hi dan, > > thank you for your suggestions. > It wasn't the sim-card. I had to rename the file "chap-secrets" into > "pap-secrets". That's kinda strange, because I really used the same sim > !?!?! > ...

  1. Re: GPRS / pppd

    "132.a.dabei" <123.a.dabei@gmx.at> wrote:

    > Hi dan,
    >
    > thank you for your suggestions.
    > It wasn't the sim-card. I had to rename the file "chap-secrets" into
    > "pap-secrets". That's kinda strange, because I really used the same sim
    > !?!?!
    >
    > However: Using quotation marks around the pin code makes no change: the
    > script fails.
    >
    > C++: I also started to write a program in c++: Sending AT commands to
    > /dev/ttyS0 is something easy. The point where I got stuck was: I had no
    > idea how to start the ppp connection after I initialized the modem. How
    > did you do that? If I knew how to implement ppp into my project, it
    > would be the best solution.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Herwig

    I'm cross-posting this to Newsgroup: comp.protocols.ppp
    where you can get advice from 'world specailist[s]' on ppp.
    I got just such advice.

    == Chris Glur.

  2. Re: GPRS / pppd

    news@absamail.co.za writes:
    > > C++: I also started to write a program in c++:

    ick.

    > > Sending AT commands to
    > > /dev/ttyS0 is something easy. The point where I got stuck was: I had no
    > > idea how to start the ppp connection after I initialized the modem. How
    > > did you do that? If I knew how to implement ppp into my project, it
    > > would be the best solution.

    > I'm cross-posting this to Newsgroup: comp.protocols.ppp
    > where you can get advice from 'world specailist[s]' on ppp.
    > I got just such advice.

    Fork and exec /usr/bin/pppd with the file descriptor for that serial
    device dup2'd into 0 and 1.

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network

  3. Re: GPRS / pppd

    James Carlson wrote:

    > news@absamail.co.za writes:
    >> > C++: I also started to write a program in c++:

    > ick.
    >
    >> > Sending AT commands to
    >> > /dev/ttyS0 is something easy. The point where I got stuck was: I had no
    >> > idea how to start the ppp connection after I initialized the modem. How
    >> > did you do that? If I knew how to implement ppp into my project, it
    >> > would be the best solution.

    >> I'm cross-posting this to Newsgroup: comp.protocols.ppp
    >> where you can get advice from 'world specailist[s]' on ppp.
    >> I got just such advice.

    > Fork and exec /usr/bin/pppd with the file descriptor for that serial
    > device dup2'd into 0 and 1.

    Try the easyconnect program, otherwise knows as gprsec. It wrapps up all
    this stuff for you.

    David
    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 120,000 groups