PPP library - PPP

This is a discussion on PPP library - PPP ; Hi, I am developing an application in C language under Linux os, in this application I need to start a ppp connection betwen my pc and another pc.Is there a library to do it ? Thank you...

  1. PPP library

    Hi,
    I am developing an application in C language under Linux os, in this
    application I need to start a ppp connection betwen my pc and another pc.Is
    there a library to do it ?
    Thank you

  2. Re: PPP library

  3. Re: PPP library

    "Gio67" writes:
    > I am developing an application in C language under Linux os, in this
    > application I need to start a ppp connection betwen my pc and another pc.Is
    > there a library to do it ?

    No.

    The obvious way to do it is by using system() or one of the other
    external command invocation functions. It's not much different from
    launching pppd within a script.

    But you might not necessarily want to do that. Are you sure that you
    don't just want a demand link?

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network

  4. Re: PPP library