ppp isdn dialup problem - PPP

This is a discussion on ppp isdn dialup problem - PPP ; Hari, I have an external isdn modem. With kppp I could easily dial out and access the internet. But I can not do it the same with wvdial or pppd itself. I would like to do the whole thing without ...

  1. ppp isdn dialup problem

    Hari,

    I have an external isdn modem. With kppp I could easily dial out and access
    the internet. But I can not do it the same with wvdial or pppd itself. I
    would like to do the whole thing without X so without kppp. How could I
    find out what parameters are used by kppp?

    rrd

  2. Re: ppp isdn dialup problem

    rrd writes:
    > I have an external isdn modem. With kppp I could easily dial out and access
    > the internet. But I can not do it the same with wvdial or pppd itself. I
    > would like to do the whole thing without X so without kppp. How could I
    > find out what parameters are used by kppp?

    If it's a modern version of pppd, use the "dump" option in
    /etc/ppp/options to find out what options were passed (and how). If
    it's not, then you'll need to write your own wrapper script for
    /usr/bin/pppd.

    For what it's worth, it's most likely that the interesting parts are
    not in the pppd configuration, but rather in the part that dials the
    modem ('chat script' or otherwise).

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network