where to get a FIXED IP SIM in the UK - PPP

This is a discussion on where to get a FIXED IP SIM in the UK - PPP ; I am trying to find out how to obtain a SIM with Fixed IP address for use in the UK. It is for an M2M application so I want data only (GSM+GPRS). I have contacted all the major UK operators. ...

  1. where to get a FIXED IP SIM in the UK

    I am trying to find out how to obtain a SIM with Fixed IP address for
    use in the UK. It is for an M2M application so I want data only
    (GSM+GPRS).
    I have contacted all the major UK operators. Orange have said my query
    was too technical for them, Vodafone sell M2M services through another
    company but none of the others (O2, T-Mobile, Virgin etc) have got
    back to me.

    Has anyone managed to obtain such a SIM?

    I need to know costs i.e. monthly rental charge, how many MBytes
    included each month (GPRS), /MByte for extra usage, and what
    discounts there may be for a number of cards i.e. 10, 25, 50 (per
    year) etc. I would like to know different pricing options for 1,2,5 &
    10MByte per month included in the charge if possible. Also, what are
    the charges for GSM airtime?

  2. Re: where to get a FIXED IP SIM in the UK

    Wouldn't a fixed domain name do?

    If you can get a public IP address every time and at least some ports
    are not blocked, dynamic DNS services like dyndns.org could give you the
    addressing needed.

    -Mikko

  3. Re: where to get a FIXED IP SIM in the UK

    I have now found some suppliers.
    Prices range from 6.50 to 11 per month which includes 1MByte.
    Some charge an extra 1-1.50 per MB/month. Some actually charge 3
    and 4 per MB/month !!

+ Reply to Thread