callback Server ras NT---Client LINUX with ppp2.4 - PPP

This is a discussion on callback Server ras NT---Client LINUX with ppp2.4 - PPP ; Hello to all, i have a problem with callback beetween my work and my home. The problem is that i used ppp in linux (Mandrake 9.2) but when i call number of server RAS(NT with autentication MS CHAP V2), the ...

  1. callback Server ras NT---Client LINUX with ppp2.4

    Hello to all,
    i have a problem with callback beetween my work and my home.
    The problem is that i used ppp in linux (Mandrake 9.2) but when i call
    number of server RAS(NT with autentication MS CHAP V2), the remote
    modem respond without ask me the number for the callback.
    i would try to make a script that:
    -call the number of server ras
    -the remote modem respond and i make the autentication with username e
    pwd
    -i send the number of callback(my home)
    -my modem hang up and wait that remote modem call me.
    Thank you to all people that help me to resolve this question.
    Bye Alessandro

  2. Re: callback Server ras NT---Client LINUX with ppp2.4

    ALinuxEN192 wrote:
    > Hello to all,
    > i have a problem with callback beetween my work and my home.
    > The problem is that i used ppp in linux (Mandrake 9.2) but when i call
    > number of server RAS(NT with autentication MS CHAP V2), the remote
    > modem respond without ask me the number for the callback.
    > i would try to make a script that:
    > -call the number of server ras
    > -the remote modem respond and i make the autentication with username e
    > pwd
    > -i send the number of callback(my home)
    > -my modem hang up and wait that remote modem call me.

    You can try the _still_ undocumented pppd option "callback number":

    callback number
    Request a callback to the given telephone number
    using Microsoft CBCP.

    You need to read README.cbcp in the pppd source package which has an
    example script.