daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link - PPP

This is a discussion on daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link - PPP ; I search a daemon mlppp to support the redundancy link. pppd 2.4.3 of Paul Mackerras has a weakness this mlppp is based on the first link ppp into the bundle mlppp. When the first link down all the link ppp ...

  1. daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link

    I search a daemon mlppp to support the redundancy link.
    pppd 2.4.3 of Paul Mackerras has a weakness this mlppp is based on the
    first link ppp into the bundle mlppp.
    When the first link down all the link ppp down.
    Some protections have been added but it's not really like in RFC 1990

    Thank for your help

    Joris

  2. Re: daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link

    joris.quenee@bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr writes:
    > I search a daemon mlppp to support the redundancy link.
    > pppd 2.4.3 of Paul Mackerras has a weakness this mlppp is based on the
    > first link ppp into the bundle mlppp.
    > When the first link down all the link ppp down.

    Right.

    > Some protections have been added but it's not really like in RFC 1990

    That's correct. The current pppd design (on Linux) causes the bundle
    to be shut down if the first link is terminated, and it really ought
    not do that.

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group

  3. Re: daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link

    And you know some deamons more complete about the mlppp redundancy link
    ?

  4. Re: daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link

    joris.quenee@bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr writes:
    > And you know some deamons more complete about the mlppp redundancy link
    > ?

    Many proprietary implementations don't have that sort of limitation.

    Are you looking for something in particular, or are you just asking
    about pppd?

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group

  5. Re: daemon ppp support mlppp redundancy link

    I'm just looking the free implementations like: ipppd, pppd.

    But I'm also interresting by proprietary implementations, can you give
    me the references ?

    Thank you very munch

    --
    Joris Quenee