Host Name To IP Address Conversion in DNS - PPP

This is a discussion on Host Name To IP Address Conversion in DNS - PPP ; When we type http://www.website.com in the web browser, the ISP will connect to DNS server for IP address lookup, and return an IP address to browser, and connect to that web site. Correct sequenece? What if the user type the ...

  1. Host Name To IP Address Conversion in DNS

    When we type http://www.website.com in the web browser, the ISP will
    connect to DNS server for IP address lookup, and return an IP address
    to browser, and connect to that web site. Correct sequenece?

    What if the user type the ip address of a web site in the web browser,
    will still go through DNS server for host name to ip address
    conversion?

    please advise. thanks!!

  2. Re: Host Name To IP Address Conversion in DNS

    There is no resolution required if you enter the IP address. If PTR records
    have been created, it is possible to resolve IP to FQDN with nslookup.

    Rod
    http://www.thelazyadmin.com

    wrote in message
    news:1105326202.319702.5400@c13g2000cwb.googlegrou ps.com...
    > When we type http://www.website.com in the web browser, the ISP will
    > connect to DNS server for IP address lookup, and return an IP address
    > to browser, and connect to that web site. Correct sequenece?
    >
    > What if the user type the ip address of a web site in the web browser,
    > will still go through DNS server for host name to ip address
    > conversion?
    >
    > please advise. thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread