56K dial up for the internet is using PPP? - PPP

This is a discussion on 56K dial up for the internet is using PPP? - PPP ; when we use 56K dial up for the internet, is the ISP using Point to Point Protocol for the connection? In Windows, if we go to start menu->settings->network and dial up connections->make new connection, is this PPP also? please advise. ...

  1. 56K dial up for the internet is using PPP?

    when we use 56K dial up for the internet, is the ISP using Point to
    Point Protocol for the connection?

    In Windows, if we go to start menu->settings->network and dial up
    connections->make new connection, is this PPP also?
    please advise. thanks!!

  2. Re: 56K dial up for the internet is using PPP?

    In article news:1105325432.495098.274730@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com,
    jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote:
    > when we use 56K dial up for the internet, is the ISP using Point to
    > Point Protocol for the connection?
    >
    > In Windows, if we go to start menu->settings->network and dial up
    > connections->make new connection, is this PPP also?
    > please advise. thanks!!

    Yup. On the resultant connection right-click, choose Properties, then
    choose the "Networking" tab panel. It says there what "Type of dial up
    server I am calling:". On earlier platforms it is on the "Server" tab
    panel.
    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://www.alanjmcf.me.uk/