PPPD woes - PPP

This is a discussion on PPPD woes - PPP ; I have a Slackware 9.1 box I am setting up as a dial-in server using PPP-2.4.2 and kernel 2.4.27. I can dial up to the server, get authenicated and connected, but when I try to ssh to a server on ...

  1. PPPD woes

    I have a Slackware 9.1 box I am setting up as a dial-in server using
    PPP-2.4.2 and kernel 2.4.27. I can dial up to the server, get authenicated
    and connected, but when I try to ssh to a server on the same LAN as the
    server ssh just hangs. I have the default route on the server set
    correctly, and have proxyarp in my options file for pppd, and my client
    (which I am dialing up with) is using the ppp interface as it's default
    route once connected. I also have ip_forwarding enabled on the server
    (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward), and in the kernel. If I do a
    tcpdump on the server, listening on ppp0, I can see that the server I am
    trying to ssh to is trying to communicate back with my remote client, but
    nothing happens on the client end.

    Let me know if more details are required. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    kernel_panic

  2. Re: PPPD woes

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:02:51 -0600, kernel_panic wrote:

    > I have a Slackware 9.1 box I am setting up as a dial-in server using
    > PPP-2.4.2 and kernel 2.4.27. I can dial up to the server, get authenicated
    > and connected, but when I try to ssh to a server on the same LAN as the
    > server ssh just hangs. I have the default route on the server set
    > correctly, and have proxyarp in my options file for pppd, and my client
    > (which I am dialing up with) is using the ppp interface as it's default
    > route once connected. I also have ip_forwarding enabled on the server
    > (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward), and in the kernel. If I do a
    > tcpdump on the server, listening on ppp0, I can see that the server I am
    > trying to ssh to is trying to communicate back with my remote client, but
    > nothing happens on the client end.
    >
    > Let me know if more details are required. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > kernel_panic

    Nevermind, turns out it was a bug in my RocketModemIII driver that
    affected PPP.

    kernel_panic

+ Reply to Thread