FreeBSD 5.2.1 and pppd-24 - not gettin' along - PPP

This is a discussion on FreeBSD 5.2.1 and pppd-24 - not gettin' along - PPP ; Does anyone know of a FreeBSD 5 port of pppd-2.4.2. It defaults to a 2.3 install, and on freebsd.org there is no more current port than that. Going to ppp's main site at samba.org/ppp and d/ling the source code and ...

  1. FreeBSD 5.2.1 and pppd-24 - not gettin' along

    Does anyone know of a FreeBSD 5 port of pppd-2.4.2. It defaults to a 2.3
    install, and on freebsd.org there is no more current port than that. Going
    to ppp's main site at samba.org/ppp and d/ling the source code and running a
    ../configure shows that pppd 2.4 series does not support FreeBSD.

    Does anyone know of a port or a way to make a port from the source code?
    I'm considering setting up a pppd connection from a FreeBSD but won't if
    it's not up to the latest version.

    TIA
    ShadowEyez

  2. Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1 and pppd-24 - not gettin' along

    "ShadowEyez" writes:
    > Does anyone know of a FreeBSD 5 port of pppd-2.4.2. It defaults to a 2.3
    > install, and on freebsd.org there is no more current port than that. Going
    > to ppp's main site at samba.org/ppp and d/ling the source code and running a
    > ./configure shows that pppd 2.4 series does not support FreeBSD.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a port or a way to make a port from the source code?
    > I'm considering setting up a pppd connection from a FreeBSD but won't if
    > it's not up to the latest version.

    Nobody has volunteered to maintain that port. It'll probably be stuck
    in that state until someone volunteers to do the work.

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group