pppd and AT+WMUX - PPP

This is a discussion on pppd and AT+WMUX - PPP ; I wonder if the pppd tool can handle the multiplex mode offered by Wavecom GSM modem. What can I do such that I can handle the AT packets and Data packets at the same time? Thanks. Sorry for any inconvenience ...

  1. pppd and AT+WMUX

    I wonder if the pppd tool can handle the multiplex mode offered by Wavecom
    GSM modem. What can I do such that I can handle the AT packets and Data
    packets at the same time? Thanks.

    Sorry for any inconvenience if I have posted wrongly.

  2. Re: pppd and AT+WMUX

    "XMLSDK" wrote in message news:<40fe7bf9_2@rain.i-cable.com>...
    > I wonder if the pppd tool can handle the multiplex mode offered by Wavecom
    > GSM modem. What can I do such that I can handle the AT packets and Data
    > packets at the same time? Thanks.

    I am trying to answer the same question for an Audiovox RTM 8000 CF
    card with the Sharp Zaurus (Linux 2.4.6 kernel).

    What I am looking for is temporarily switching the modem to command
    mode (by +++), issuing the AT command, reading the result and
    switching back to PPP data mode.

    And all that from user process space by ioctl() without shutting down
    the PPP data connection...

    Is this possible with the Linux PPP architecure? I have no experience
    in Linux drivers and kernel compilation so I need help.

    Any hint is appreciated!

    Nikolaus

  3. Re: pppd and AT+WMUX

    hns@computer.org (Dr. Nikolaus Schaller) writes:
    >"XMLSDK" wrote in message
    >> I wonder if the pppd tool can handle the multiplex mode offered by Wavecom
    >> GSM modem. What can I do such that I can handle the AT packets and Data
    >> packets at the same time? Thanks.

    >I am trying to answer the same question for an Audiovox RTM 8000 CF
    >card with the Sharp Zaurus (Linux 2.4.6 kernel).
    >
    >What I am looking for is temporarily switching the modem to command
    >mode (by +++), issuing the AT command, reading the result and
    >switching back to PPP data mode.
    >
    >And all that from user process space by ioctl() without shutting down
    >the PPP data connection...
    >
    >Is this possible with the Linux PPP architecure? I have no experience
    >in Linux drivers and kernel compilation so I need help.

    There is no code in pppd that would do this in the middle of a
    PPP session/connection.

    You would have to get the source code and write the relevant
    routines into the software yourself. http://www.samba.org/ppp/
    has the source code.

    -Greg
    --