linux pppd equivalent of cisco ios lcp renegotiate always - PPP

This is a discussion on linux pppd equivalent of cisco ios lcp renegotiate always - PPP ; is there such a beasty and if not where would I code one?...

  1. linux pppd equivalent of cisco ios lcp renegotiate always

    is there such a beasty and if not where would I code one?

  2. Re: linux pppd equivalent of cisco ios lcp renegotiate always

    "Tim Warnock" writes:
    > is there such a beasty and if not where would I code one?

    It's really an L2TP issue, rather than a plain PPP issue, and the
    current code doesn't support L2TP. (Though there are patches to do
    so.)

    Without looking at the L2TP code, it's hard to say. By default, pppd
    would necessarily do exactly "lcp renegotiate always", and it would
    take effort (on the part of the L2TP patch) to make it do otherwise.

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group

  3. Re: linux pppd equivalent of cisco ios lcp renegotiate always

    "James Carlson" wrote in message
    > "Tim Warnock" writes:
    > > is there such a beasty and if not where would I code one?

    > It's really an L2TP issue, rather than a plain PPP issue, and the
    > current code doesn't support L2TP. (Though there are patches to do
    > so.)
    >
    > Without looking at the L2TP code, it's hard to say. By default, pppd
    > would necessarily do exactly "lcp renegotiate always", and it would
    > take effort (on the part of the L2TP patch) to make it do otherwise.
    >
    > --
    > James Carlson, IP Systems Group
    > Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive 71.234W Vox +1 781 442 2084
    > MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757 42.497N Fax +1 781 442 1677

    thanks for your reply

    where do i find such patches?

  4. Re: linux pppd equivalent of cisco ios lcp renegotiate always

    "Tim Warnock" writes:
    > thanks for your reply
    >
    > where do i find such patches?

    You might start here:

    http://www.l2tpd.org/

    A word of caution:

    http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/CISCO-L2TP

    (I haven't really looked at the code to see how it handles this
    feature.)

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group