ADSL CONNECTION PROBLEM - PPP

This is a discussion on ADSL CONNECTION PROBLEM - PPP ; Last week I applied for and connected to an ADSL line for my home. All leds of modem are on without problem. Whenever I try to connect , Windows XP gives me Error 678: The remote computer did not respond. ...

  1. ADSL CONNECTION PROBLEM

    Last week I applied for and connected to an ADSL line for my home. All
    leds of modem are on without problem. Whenever I try to connect ,
    Windows XP gives me Error 678: The remote computer did not respond.
    But temporarily, I changed my line to another ADSL line of other
    apartment of our building and everthing worked without problem
    without changing any configuration of my computer.

    My ISP cannot find answers. What can be the cause it ?
    Can it be because of week signal of my ADSL line ? or does my line
    require another settings ? or is there a modulation problem or other
    else.
    My ISP says that I should use
    PPOe LLC
    VPI 8
    VCI 35

    These entries works for ADSL line of other apartment but not for my
    line ?
    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you very much in advance,

    Cenker Sisman

  2. Re: ADSL CONNECTION PROBLEM

    groups@cenker.com (Cenker Sisman) writes:
    > But temporarily, I changed my line to another ADSL line of other
    > apartment of our building and everthing worked without problem
    > without changing any configuration of my computer.

    That doesn't sound like a PPP problem. You might want to try posting
    to a newsgroup related to xDSL (such as comp.dcom.xdsl) and providing
    information such as the make and model of your ADSL 'modem' and any
    other debug information available.

    Alternatively, call your ADSL provider. It's their problem, and they
    should fix it.

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group