local IP address - PPP

This is a discussion on local IP address - PPP ; Hi, I have a simple server client code which connects a linux PC and a windows PC. If I disconnect the network from the internet then the program stops sending data from one computer to the other. I want to ...

  1. local IP address

    Hi,

    I have a simple server client code which connects a linux PC and a
    windows PC. If I disconnect the network from the internet then the
    program stops sending data from one computer to the other. I want to
    make a local LAN and I want to know how to get the local IP addresses
    of the computers. I have a linux and a 98 and an Xp to make a small
    LAN. Is there any other problem than the IP address problem?

    Please help as soon as possible.

    Kaushik

  2. Re: local IP address

    "Kaushik" wrote> Hi,

    > I have a simple server client code which connects a linux PC and a
    > windows PC. If I disconnect the network from the internet then the
    > program stops sending data from one computer to the other. I want to
    > make a local LAN and I want to know how to get the local IP addresses
    > of the computers. I have a linux and a 98 and an Xp to make a small
    > LAN. Is there any other problem than the IP address problem?

    Do you have a question about PPP ?

    If not then you would be better asking this question in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web on the news.microsoft.com news
    server.

    Dave.

+ Reply to Thread