Memory required by pppd & Linux embedded board with pppd - PPP

This is a discussion on Memory required by pppd & Linux embedded board with pppd - PPP ; Hi all, 1. How much memory is required to run pppd (dial to ISP) in Linux? 2. Can anyone introduce embedded Linux board that run pppd and allow to code RS-232 and socket programming in C language ? Minumum 2 ...

  1. Memory required by pppd & Linux embedded board with pppd

    Hi all,

    1. How much memory is required to run pppd (dial to ISP) in Linux?
    2. Can anyone introduce embedded Linux board that run pppd and allow
    to code RS-232 and socket programming in C language ?
    Minumum 2 serial ports are required.

    Thank you in advance

    Goh Choon Lye
    Senior Software Engineer
    Willowglen Services Pte Ltd

    \\\\|////
    ( O O )
    ---oOOo--U--oOOo--->

  2. Re: Memory required by pppd & Linux embedded board with pppd

    > 1. How much memory is required to run pppd (dial to ISP) in Linux?

    I am not exactly sure here. I believe this will depend on how good
    your linux build is and what machine you are putting it on.

    > 2. Can anyone introduce embedded Linux board that run pppd and allow
    > to code RS-232 and socket programming in C language ?
    > Minumum 2 serial ports are required.

    I am currently using a SBC which is basically a embedded PC on
    steriods, or a very malnurished PC. The total available memory is
    16M. 32M is available. I am running a optimized 2.4 kernel and
    utilizing pppd to maintain a internet connection via cellular modem.
    The SBC i am using has 5 serial ports, 2 usb ports, and the ability to
    run LCD and touchscreens. The company we got the SBC from has other
    smaller versions available. www.arcom.com

    It is not exactly embedded, but the reduced development time edged us
    to it.

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread