Samba support - PPP

This is a discussion on Samba support - PPP ; Hi everyone. I am looking for a way to get pppd-2.4.2 to talk to my /etc/samba/smbpasswd file. Does anyone know of a patch for this? or better yet, a prebuild RMP that supports this? Thanks ramses...

  1. Samba support

    Hi everyone.

    I am looking for a way to get pppd-2.4.2 to talk to my /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    file. Does anyone know of a patch for this? or better yet, a prebuild RMP
    that supports this?

    Thanks
    ramses

  2. Re: Samba support

    i looked hard to find for it

    it seems an old patch was available for 2.4.0

    http://home.swbell.net/berzerke/pppsmb2.4.patch

    for now, the only real way to authenticate user is not directly to samba but in
    using radius protocol

    a quick help can be found here - just what you need to set it up

    http://www.y-min.or.jp/~nob/Linux/pppd.html

    i agree samba pluggin would be great

    stephane

+ Reply to Thread