pppd unable to continue after chat complete - PPP

This is a discussion on pppd unable to continue after chat complete - PPP ; Hi, I'm using embedded board(with Linux OS) to connect to GPRS network through GPRS modem. I encountered pppd unable to continue after chat complete the chatscript. pppd gave following messages; Serial connection established Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid ...

  1. pppd unable to continue after chat complete

    Hi,

    I'm using embedded board(with Linux OS) to connect to GPRS network
    through GPRS modem. I encountered pppd unable to continue after
    chat complete the chatscript. pppd gave following messages;
    Serial connection established
    Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument.

    My /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0 file is
    crtscts
    novj
    noipdefault
    connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/ppp/chatscript

    My /etc/ppp/chatscript file is
    ABORT BUSY
    ABORT "NO CARRIER"
    "" "AT"
    OK "AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"shhdb\""
    OK "AT+CGATT=1"
    OK "ATDT*99***1#"
    TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT

    What does the error message mean?
    Thank you for the help

    Goh Choon Lye

  2. Re: pppd unable to continue after chat complete

    clgoh@willowglen.com.sg (Goh Choon Lye) writes:
    > Serial connection established
    > Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument.

    [...]
    > What does the error message mean?
    > Thank you for the help

    It means that pppd's attempt to tell the kernel to enable PPP mode on
    that serial port failed. It's typically due to a mismatch between the
    version of pppd versus the kernel or due to some kernel bug.

    Sorry I can't be more specific ...

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group