Windows PPP server - PPP

This is a discussion on Windows PPP server - PPP ; Hi, everybody. I hope some good angel will give me some help... I need to connect two Windows PC using 56k modems and the PPP protocol; I guess I can use the Windows Remote Access utility on one side: but ...

  1. Windows PPP server

    Hi, everybody.
    I hope some good angel will give me some help...
    I need to connect two Windows PC using 56k modems and the PPP protocol;
    I guess I can use the Windows Remote Access utility on one side: but on the
    other?
    I think I need a PPP server, am I right? In such a case where I can find/buy
    it?
    Thank you!!

  2. Re: Windows PPP server

    Patrick Carosso wrote:
    > Hi, everybody.
    > I hope some good angel will give me some help...
    > I need to connect two Windows PC using 56k modems and the PPP
    > protocol;

    Windows what? I haven't used 98 etc for many years so I can't tell you
    about them, but the NT family all have (R)RAS, that is (Routing and) Remote
    Access *Server* present. In the non-"Server" platforms the number of
    incoming connections is restricted but that should be ok for your case.

    See e.g.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...g_cnd_lmno.asp

    > I guess I can use the Windows Remote Access utility on one side: but
    > on the other?
    > I think I need a PPP server, am I right? In such a case where I can
    > find/buy it?

    Third-party servers are available but are only necessary for certain
    scenarios, e.g. PalmOS USB http://www.softick.com

    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alanjmcf/