TO JAMES CARLSON - PPP

This is a discussion on TO JAMES CARLSON - PPP ; James, Thank you for your prompt reply for my previous post. Yes, I am looking for a UML implementation for the Point-to-Point protocol because I am writing a thesis about the comparison of two real-time UML methods - RT-UML and ...

  1. TO JAMES CARLSON

    James, Thank you for your prompt reply for my previous post.

    Yes, I am looking for a UML implementation for the Point-to-Point protocol
    because I am writing a thesis about the comparison of two real-time UML
    methods - RT-UML and UML realtime. I will use PPP as a vehicle because our
    RTOS team need a real-time PPP implementation too. It is quite strange to
    know that no one used a UML approach to implement a PPP model before? Then I
    will do it, not a full-featured PPP, but a portable, easy-to-maintain model.

    Once again, thank you for your reply and your book.

    Best regards,

    James Deng

    M.S. Candidate
    Falculty of Computer Science
    Dalhousie University

  2. Re: TO JAMES CARLSON

    "James Deng" writes:
    > Yes, I am looking for a UML implementation for the Point-to-Point protocol
    > because I am writing a thesis about the comparison of two real-time UML
    > methods - RT-UML and UML realtime. I will use PPP as a vehicle because our
    > RTOS team need a real-time PPP implementation too. It is quite strange to
    > know that no one used a UML approach to implement a PPP model before? Then I
    > will do it, not a full-featured PPP, but a portable, easy-to-maintain model.

    I'm not saying that *nobody* has done this; merely that I'm not aware
    of any public source of any such model, nor have I ever heard of
    anyone seriously working on one.

    It may just be that other sorts of older modeling techniques serve
    adequately well. Or it may be that many people have done this and few
    have published. Or it could be that I didn't plug the right keywords
    into google. ;-}

    Good luck ...

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group