Nokia D211 card and PPP - PPP

This is a discussion on Nokia D211 card and PPP - PPP ; Hi Everybody, I am using Nokia D211 card. I want to configure it on my Red Hat Linux 8.0 installed on IBM ThinkPad. I am sucked. I am unable to make GPRS/GSM connection. When I start the connection, Its say ...

  1. Nokia D211 card and PPP

    Hi Everybody,

    I am using Nokia D211 card. I want to configure it on my
    Red Hat Linux 8.0 installed on IBM ThinkPad. I am sucked.
    I am unable to make GPRS/GSM connection. When I start
    the connection, Its say establishing Radio connection in X.XX seconds.
    Then comes an error message "Unable to get the IP address for the device".
    In /var/log/messages there are some error entries, like
    modprob: unable to get module nokia.cs
    error for ppp0
    and so on ....

    But when I look for the modules with "lsmod" the nokia.cs module is there.
    Could any body help. Thanks in advance.

    Best,
    Khalid

  2. Re: Nokia D211 card and PPP

    Khalid wrote:

    > I am using Nokia D211 card. I want to configure it on my
    > Red Hat Linux 8.0 installed on IBM ThinkPad. I am sucked.
    > I am unable to make GPRS/GSM connection. When I start
    > the connection, Its say establishing Radio connection in X.XX seconds.
    > Then comes an error message "Unable to get the IP address for the device".
    > In /var/log/messages there are some error entries, like
    > modprob: unable to get module nokia.cs
    > error for ppp0
    > and so on ....

    > But when I look for the modules with "lsmod" the nokia.cs module is there.
    > Could any body help. Thanks in advance.

    I think you mean nokia_cs. But the 2.4.24 kernel doesn't seem to have
    that module in the source, so what you is likely a binary provided by
    the Nokia company, or by a third-party. A binary module that works for
    one kernel version may not work for another version.

    This is probably an example of what James Carlson meant by "the Linux
    kernel doesn't have the binary-level stability one might hope for." :^)
    See the thread "LCP problem (pppd 2.4.1)" in this group.

    /* 97.3% of all statistics are made up. */

+ Reply to Thread