There is a pppstat??? - PPP

This is a discussion on There is a pppstat??? - PPP ; I need to be able to know when pppd set up the network interfaces correctly from outside (i.e.: without reading its messages on screen). For example, I need a script to know when the ppp0 interface is ready to be ...

  1. There is a pppstat???

    I need to be able to know when pppd set up the network interfaces
    correctly from outside (i.e.: without reading its messages on screen).

    For example, I need a script to know when the ppp0 interface is ready
    to be used after creation.

    Is that possible?

  2. Re: There is a pppstat???

    goddard@brfree.com.br (Andre Goddard Rosa) writes:
    > I need to be able to know when pppd set up the network interfaces
    > correctly from outside (i.e.: without reading its messages on screen).
    >
    > For example, I need a script to know when the ppp0 interface is ready
    > to be used after creation.
    >
    > Is that possible?

    At least three ways:

    - use the 'updetach' feature and wait for pppd to exit.

    - use the /etc/ppp/ip-up script as documented in the pppd man
    page.

    - use SIOCGIFFLAGS and friends to check the state of the IP
    interface; IFF_UP will be set when the interface is up.

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group

  3. Re: There is a pppstat???

    James, its not the first time that you helped me.
    This worked, thanks!!! Sorry for the delayed response, I got your
    message, and runned to test... Shame that I forgot the thank you... So
    here it goes..

    Thanks again!

  4. Re: There is a pppstat???

    James, its not the first time that you helped me.
    This worked, thanks!!! Sorry for the delayed response, I got your
    message and tried to test faster as I could... Shame that I forgot to
    thank you... So here it goes..

    Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread