How can I detect when ppp started completely? - PPP

This is a discussion on How can I detect when ppp started completely? - PPP ; How can I detect the exact moment whan ppp create the interface ppp0 and are ready to function??? I use a C program to start pppd and I need to detect when it already established the link and sets up ...

  1. How can I detect when ppp started completely?

    How can I detect the exact moment whan ppp create the interface ppp0
    and are ready to function???

    I use a C program to start pppd and I need to detect when it
    already established the link and sets up the ppp network interface
    to be able to start, in sequence, the /sbin/route and after smbclient.

    Thanks,

    Andre Goddard
    Computer Science Student at UFMG
    Brazil

  2. Re: How can I detect when ppp started completely?

    goddard@brfree.com.br (Andre Goddard Rosa) writes:

    ]How can I detect the exact moment whan ppp create the interface ppp0
    ]and are ready to function???

    ]I use a C program to start pppd and I need to detect when it
    ]already established the link and sets up the ppp network interface
    ]to be able to start, in sequence, the /sbin/route and after smbclient.

    That is what /etc/ppp/ip-up is for. When ppp has started this script is
    run. You can put the various things (routing, smbclient, whate ver )
    into that script.

+ Reply to Thread