Hello,
What is the right way to reply an LCP Echo Request?.
I used to reply this (including in the data field the received Magic
Number):
[0x0A] / [Id] / [Length] / [Magic Number (local)] / [Received MG +
Received Data]
but I am having problems on some old-discontinued (1999) Intel Routers (it
seems they don't understand my LCP Echo Replies, so they close the link).
I have changed my ppp code to reply this:
[0x0A] / [Id] / [Length] / [Magic Number (local)] / [Received Data]
and works fine.
The first method was tested against pppd, cisco, nortel and some other
vendors and i didn't have any problem. Is it wrong?.

Many thanks.