PPP connection stuck on IP Layer - PPP

This is a discussion on PPP connection stuck on IP Layer - PPP ; I am running pppd manually with the following options: /usr/sbin/pppd noaccomp nobsdcomp noccp nodeflate nopcomp nopredictor1 novj no vjccomp debug /dev/ttyS1 115200 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2 nodetach local noauth nocrtscts lock & This works fine running pppd on two linux boxes connected via ...

  1. PPP connection stuck on IP Layer

    I am running pppd manually with the following options:

    /usr/sbin/pppd noaccomp nobsdcomp noccp nodeflate nopcomp nopredictor1
    novj no
    vjccomp debug /dev/ttyS1 115200 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2 nodetach local
    noauth nocrtscts lock &

    This works fine running pppd on two linux boxes connected via a serial
    cable,
    however, when I try to run pppd between my set top box and a linux
    server via serial cable, it stops after the Link Control Protocol
    Layer has a successful handshake.

    My linux server is sending out IPCP ConfReq and Acks, however my set
    top box is not receiving any, only sending out requests.

    Is this a problem with my serial driver?

    on my set top, I get:

    using channel 10
    Using interface ppp0
    Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
    sent [LCP TermReq id=0x2 "No network protocols running"]
    rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x2]
    Connection terminated.

    on my linux server I have:

    using channel 13
    Using interface ppp0
    Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 0x69550ff8>]
    rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 0xff09f741>]
    sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 0xff09f741>]
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 0x69550ff8>]
    rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 0x69550ff8>]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x2 "No network protocols
    running"]
    LCP terminated by peer (No network protocols running)
    sent [LCP TermAck id=0x2]
    Connection terminated.

    Many Thanks,

    Randy

  2. Re: PPP connection stuck on IP Layer

    In article ,
    Randy wrote:
    >I am running pppd manually with the following options:
    >
    >/usr/sbin/pppd noaccomp nobsdcomp noccp nodeflate nopcomp nopredictor1
    >novj no
    >vjccomp debug /dev/ttyS1 115200 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2 nodetach local
    >noauth nocrtscts lock &
    >
    >This works fine running pppd on two linux boxes connected via a serial
    >cable,
    >however, when I try to run pppd between my set top box and a linux
    >server via serial cable, it stops after the Link Control Protocol
    >Layer has a successful handshake.
    >
    >My linux server is sending out IPCP ConfReq and Acks, however my set
    >top box is not receiving any, only sending out requests.
    >
    >Is this a problem with my serial driver?
    >
    >on my set top, I get:
    >
    >using channel 10
    >Using interface ppp0
    >Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
    >sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    >rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    >rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    >sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
    >sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    >sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]

    Can you change the ACCM to 0xffffffff? Without any other clues, that
    would be my first thing to check. Since the set top box is the one having
    problems receiving, I would start there.

    Patrick Klos Email: patrick@klos.com
    ==================== What goes around, comes around... =====================

  3. Re: PPP connection stuck on IP Layer

    r_long2001@yahoo.com (Randy) writes:

    ]I am running pppd manually with the following options:

    ]/usr/sbin/pppd noaccomp nobsdcomp noccp nodeflate nopcomp nopredictor1
    ]novj no
    ]vjccomp debug /dev/ttyS1 115200 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2 nodetach local
    ]noauth nocrtscts lock &

    Why not put those options into /etc/ppp/options. That is what it is for.
    noccp encompasses nobsdcomp and nodeflate.
    Why would you have nocrtscts ? That is silly . ppp then tries to use
    xonxoff and you can get stuck. You then MUST use
    asyncmap a0000.
    (but why not use hardware flow control. It was invented to control
    flow.)

    And why all those other "no..." options?

    ]This works fine running pppd on two linux boxes connected via a serial
    ]cable,
    ]however, when I try to run pppd between my set top box and a linux
    ]server via serial cable, it stops after the Link Control Protocol
    ]Layer has a successful handshake.

    ]My linux server is sending out IPCP ConfReq and Acks, however my set
    ]top box is not receiving any, only sending out requests.

    ]Is this a problem with my serial driver?

    Who knows. I suspect flow control.

[...]

+ Reply to Thread