PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux - PPP

This is a discussion on PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux - PPP ; Hi all, My goal is to establish a GPRS connection on a White Dwarf Linux 2.0 with a MC 35T Siemens modem. It works fine on a Suse 8.2, but not on the white dwarf : ------------------------------------------ AT OK ATH ...

  1. PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux

    Hi all,

    My goal is to establish a GPRS connection on a White Dwarf Linux 2.0
    with a
    MC 35T Siemens modem.
    It works fine on a Suse 8.2, but not on the white dwarf :

    AT
    OK
    ATH
    OK
    ATE1
    OK
    AT+CGDCONT=1,IP,websfr
    OK
    AT+CGQREQ=1,0,0,3,0,0
    OK
    waiting for connect...
    ATD*99***1#
    CONNECT
    Serial connection established.
    Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument

    Sending break to the modem
    PDP context detached
    Serial link disconnected.

    In both cases ppp version is 2.4.1

    Any Idea ?
    Many Thanks,

    --
    Manu

  2. Re: PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux

    In article <400e4236$0$7136$626a54ce@news.free.fr>, Manu wrote:
    > Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument

    I'm not a PPP expert so this doesn't ring any bells, but what options are
    you giving to pppd, chat etc?

    -Mikko

  3. Re: PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux

    Mikko Rapeli wrote:
    > In article <400e4236$0$7136$626a54ce@news.free.fr>, Manu wrote:
    >> Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument

    > I'm not a PPP expert so this doesn't ring any bells, but what options
    > are you giving to pppd, chat etc?

    Thanks for help,

    My options :
    nodetach
    debug
    show-password
    connect /etc/ppp/peers/gprs-connect-chat-sfr
    disconnect /etc/ppp/peers/gprs-disconnect-chat
    /dev/ttyS0 # serial port one
    115200
    crtscts
    local
    noipdefault
    ipcp-accept-local
    defaultroute
    usepeerdns
    novj
    nobsdcomp
    novjccomp
    nopcomp
    noaccomp
    noauth

    /etc/ppp/peers/gprs-connect-chat-sfr :
    exec chat \
    TIMEOUT 5 \
    ECHO ON \
    ABORT '\nBUSY\r' \
    ABORT '\nERROR\r' \
    ABORT '\nNO ANSWER\r' \
    ABORT '\nNO CARRIER\r' \
    ABORT '\nNO DIALTONE\r' \
    ABORT '\nRINGING\r\n\r\nRINGING\r' \
    '' \rAT \
    TIMEOUT 12 \
    SAY "Press CTRL-C to close the connection at any stage!" \
    SAY "\ndefining PDP context...\n" \
    OK ATH \
    OK ATE1 \
    OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","websfr" \
    OK AT+CGQREQ=1,0,0,3,0,0 \
    OK ATD*99***1# \
    TIMEOUT 22 \
    SAY "\nwaiting for connect...\n" \
    CONNECT "" \

    Manu

  4. Re: PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux

    Didn't notice anything wrong with those options and chat scripts, but
    Googling for the pppd complaint shows up this:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg01810.html

    Are you shure you have all the correct PPP modules loaded/compiled into
    the kernel?

    -Mikko

  5. Re: PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux

    Mikko Rapeli wrote:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg01810.html

    > Are you shure you have all the correct PPP modules loaded/compiled
    > into the kernel?

    I've yet seen this post, I verified and my kernel is compiled with "PPP
    support for asynch serial ports" but not "PPP support for synch tty
    ports".

    Maybe I'm wrong but for me a GPRS connection is a dial up connection ...
    Right ?
    I'm going to make a new kernel with "PPP support for synch tty ports" to
    see ...

    --
    Manu

  6. Re: PPP Error on White Dwarf Linux

    Manu wrote:
    > Maybe I'm wrong but for me a GPRS connection is a dial up connection
    > ... Right ?

    I was wrong ...

    > I'm going to make a new kernel with "PPP support for synch tty ports"
    > to see ...

    It's ok now !
    Sorry not have tried this before post here,
    Lot of thanks !

    --
    Manu

+ Reply to Thread